Friday, August 31, 2012

End of Phase One

For our anniversary celebration, we didn't have our usual activities, which meant I didn't have to plan/write/lead them.  Yay hurray!  One big thing we were going to do instead was look at six years' worth of pictures on the computer.  Well, look at them on the computer we did, as when we hooked up the projector we discovered the bulb had burned out, and no, we didn't have a spare.  Sigh.
Ironically, I had been halfway to church carrying computer, projector and potluck dish when I realized I did not have the cord to connect the computer to the projector, since there is no room for it in the case & we stash it separately.  So I had to haul everything back & forth again, and then it wasn't worth it!  Sigh.
Other than that, it was a good morning.  I had realized I was seriously stressing out over the new curriculum, worrying that people would think I should be able to produce it with no hiccups, no trial-and-error, since after all I have so much "experience" now.  So I shared this with the parents and received assurance of their support and appreciation for whatever I can do.
Here's the "official" photo for the sixth anniversary.  The Chinese characters are the same ones we displayed for our opening day photo (except for one that got so moldy it had to be replaced).  As part of the celebration, we had the kids climb on stools and take the characters down from the windows were they had been proclaiming our meeting place for the past six years.  Next Sunday, new location!

I had nothing to do with the arrangement of the characters; I was busy positioning the camera and setting the timer.  Turns out the way the characters read is clockwise!  First from right to left along the bottom, then from left to right along the top.  Funny.

No comments: